Share ideas about Warm Mineral Springs Park as City develops Master Plan
UPDATE: The online survey portion of the engagement sessions is under development and will launch before the end of September.
The community is invited to share their ideas about the City of North Port’s Warm Mineral Springs Park.
The City of North Port is creating a Warm Mineral Springs Park Master Plan that will consist of a comprehensive analysis of the entire 80 acres and provide recommendations for future services and amenities over the next several years.
A large portion of the plan’s creation includes community input. Consultants Kimley-Horn & Associates will host a series of stakeholder meetings and community engagement sessions on Sept. 18-20. There also will be an online survey offered later in September.
“We are very excited to be starting this project, and the community input is invaluable to this process. The Master Plan will help us create an overall vision and then provide a strategic approach to funding immediate and future needs of Warm Mineral Springs Park. Residents and patrons of the park are encouraged to get involved and provide feedback as we go through this process,” said General Services Director Sandy Pfundheller.
Below is a breakdown of the upcoming public meetings that community members are invited to attend:
The City will host three identical community meetings at the following times and locations:
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at Warm Mineral Springs Park, 12200 San Servando Ave.
- 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at the Morgan Family Community Center, 6207 W. Price Blvd.
- 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 20, 2018 at the Suncoast Technical College – North Port Campus, 4445 Career Lane.
The City will host a series of stakeholder meetings for those interested in a specific topic.
- Cultural Groups Stakeholder Meeting from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at the Morgan Family Community Center, 6207 W. Price Boulevard.
- Historical Groups Stakeholder Meeting from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at the Morgan Family Community Center, 6207 W. Price Boulevard.
- Environmental Groups Stakeholder Meeting from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 20 at the Suncoast Technical College North Port Campus, 4445 Career Lane.
The City will host an online survey in September. Visit the City's website for details.
Advisory Board Stakeholder Meeting
The City will be hosting a special meeting for members of several City of North Port Advisory Boards to partake in a discussion with consultants. The meeting will be advertised and recorded. It will take place from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 18 at the Morgan Family Community Center, 6207 W. Price Blvd.
For more information about Warm Mineral Springs Park, visit www.cityofnorthport.com/warmmineralspringspark. For information about the engagement sessions, contact Erin Bryce, Communications & Outreach Coordinator with the General Services Department, at (941) 429-7143 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.