Telling North Port's Story
Josh Taylor, Communications Manager/PIO
(941) 429-7333 office
(941) 429-7389 fax
Josh Taylor joined the city of North Port as the Public Information Officer in 2015. Josh was named the Communications Manager for the City in 2017. Prior to joining the City's team he was a news reporter and anchor with ABC 7 WWSB in Sarasota Florida, where he spent 13 years on-air. He is a graduate of the prestigious University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications.
About the Office
The Communications Department and the Public Information Officer are responsible for fostering a stronger relationship with local media to ensure that accurate, timely information is release to the public.
Duties of this office include:
- Releasing accurate and timely information to the local media and the public;
- Responding to media inquiries in a timely manner to ensure stronger communication with the public;
- Oversight of the City of North Port's news content on its social media channels and website;
- Content creation for the City's many communication channels, including the City's social media sites and publications;
- During times of emergency, serving as the lead public information officer for the City.