All contractors who perform work for pay in the City of North Port must be registered by the City and hold up-to-date general liability and workers compensation policies as per F.S 489.115
|Contractor Registration Requirements in the City of North Port|
Copy of State
City of North Port Requirements
Registration Renewal Information
All contractors' registrations are valid for one year and expire on September 30th of each year.
In July of each year, contractors will be notified that their registrations will be expiring.
Contractors who do not renew their registrations by December 31st will be required to re-register
Warning signs of an unlicensed contractor:
- An unmarked commercial vehicle
- No permit posted on the job site
- No license number or advertising on the vehicle
- A work vehicle with an out-of-state license plate
- Contractor is from out-of-state
- Work is performed only in the evenings or on the weekend
- The home owner is asked to obtain the permit
To verify that your contractor is licensed, call the Building Division at (941) 429-7044, or visit our Business Tax & Contractor Information page and look the company up. Our Fax Number is (941) 429-7180.