The Human Resources Department is committed to providing City employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and professional growth.
With a dedicated staff of 10 full time employees, we continue to support a Citywide workforce of approximately 600 through a variety of programs and services, including:
- Administration of the City's General Liability/Property Insurance Coverage
- Benefits Administration
- Employee Outreach and Recognition
- Labor Contract Coordination
- Performance Management
- Personnel File Maintenance and Public Records Request Tracking
- Personnel Policy Research and Development
- Recruitment and Retention
- Safety and Risk Management
- Training and Development
- Wellness Incentives and Activities
- Workers' Compensation
Three unions represent the bargaining unit employees: Police Benevolent Association (PBA), International Firefighters Association (IAFF), American Federation of State, County, Municipal Employees (AFSCME).
The City of North Port participates in:
Location: City Hall, 2nd Floor, 4970 City Hall, Blvd., North Port FL 34286 (map it)
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
For information call our HR HOTLINE at (941) 429-7200 or e-mail us.