4299 Pan American Boulevard map it
North Port, FL
This 16 acre park opened on October 27, 2007 and was dedicated to the late Jean Bruhn, a former Parks & Recreation Advisory Board member. Jean's vision was to develop a sensory garden that fosters an appreciation of nature, landscaping, preserving our natural resources and promoting environmental education through a natural interpretation and use of all our senses. Upon entering the Garden, you will be transported into a serenely beautiful environment.
Some of the unique features you will find at the Park:
- Ground-level sundial where a visitor can use his own shadow to tell the time of day
- The history of the Park on a plaque dedicated to the memory of Mrs. Jean Bruhn
- Curved, handicapped accessible concrete walkways
- Native and native-adapted plants
- A small waterfall facing a large central planting area
- Several Mini-Pavillions located throughout the Park
The Park is open from dawn to dusk daily.