Purchasing is responsible for developing and implementing all policies and procedures related to purchases for the City of North Port.
Click here for the Guide to the Purchasing Process for the City of North Port.
To ensure the financial integrity of the City, purchases of various goods and services are reviewed and approved by Purchasing.
Purchasing's mission is to help all City departments procure the goods and services necessary to preserve and promote the public welfare. We hope this website is a helpful guide for all of our customers, both inside and outside City government.
In fulfilling our mission, we are dedicated to providing responsive, timely and courteous service for City departments and the community by:
- Complying with all State laws, local ordinances and administrative procedures that govern the City's purchasing process;
- Buying competitively and wisely to maximize the value of every dollar;
- Supplying City operations with an uninterrupted flow of materials and services from reliable vendors;
- Promoting good relations with vendors;
- Training and developing highly competent personnel who are motivated to make the City, as well as Purchasing, succeed;
- Striving toward greater efficiency and more competitive pricing through the centralization of all purchasing and receiving functions in one City agency;
- Ensuring accountability and fairness in every aspect of the purchasing process;
- The promotion of fair dealings which will result in obtaining the maximum value of each dollar of expenditure.