The City of North Port is seeking applicants to serve on a newly created Medical Hospital Task Force. Preference will be given to applicants who are also City residents. It is preferred that a majority of the categories be filled by City residents. However, in cases where local residents are unable or unavailable to fill a specific category, applicants who are not City residents will be considered.
Medical Hospital Task Force Membership: 1 Licensed Physician experienced in the Florida Certificate of Need (CON) process; 1 CEO (active/retired) from Hospital or Health Care; 1 Financial Administrator from the Medical Industry; 1 Hospital Development Consultant; 1 Expert in Advanced Medical Technology; 1 Medical Educator; 1 Emergency Medical Director/Physician; 2 At-large North Port Residents (two members).
Powers, Duties and Responsibilities: No later than six (6) months after the first meeting of the Medical Hospital Task Force, the Medical Hospital Task Force shall present a report to the City Commission on their findings which should include:
1. North Port located Regional Hospital demand.
2. Partnerships for hospital Certificate Of Need submission.
3. Establishment of Public/Private partnerships for hospitals.
4. Identify attractors for a hospital.
5. Identify type of hospital needed.
6. Needs for medical providers.
7. Land, ingress/egress, infrastructure needs; 8.Other recommendations.