About the Project
The City of North Port is creating a Warm Mineral Springs Park Master Plan that will consist of a comprehensive analysis of the entire 81.6 acres and provide recommendations for future services and amenities.
A large portion of the plan’s creation includes community input. Consultants Kimley-Horn & Associates will host a series of stakeholder meetings and community engagement sessions on Sept. 18-20. An online survey will be offered from Sept. 14 through Oct. 5.
“We are very excited to be starting this project, and the community input is invaluable to this process. The Master Plan will help us create an overall vision and then provide a strategic approach to funding immediate and future needs of Warm Mineral Springs Park. Residents and patrons of the park are encouraged to get involved and provide feedback as we go through this process,” said General Services Director Sandy Pfundheller.
- Warm Mineral Springs Park Online Survey
- WMSP Master Plan - Community Engagement Meetings Presentation
- Engagement Meeting Questionnaire - Stakeholder & Community
- Kimley-Horn & Associates - Agreement No. 2017-40
- Archaeological Background Research Summary Report
- WMSP Geological Assessment Study
- USGS water quality testing data
Below is a breakdown of the upcoming public meetings that community members are invited to attend:
The City will host three identical community meetings at the following times and locations:
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2018 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Warm Mineral Springs Park, 12200 San Servando Ave. German, Polish, Russian, and Spanish interpreters will be available.
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Morgan Family Community Center, 6207 W. Price Blvd.
- Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Suncoast Technical College – North Port Campus, 4445 Career Lane.
The City will host a series of stakeholder meetings for those interested in a specific topic.
- Cultural Groups Stakeholder Meeting from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at the Morgan Family Community Center, 6207 W. Price Boulevard.
- Historical Groups Stakeholder Meeting from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at the Morgan Family Community Center, 6207 W. Price Boulevard.
- Environmental Groups Stakeholder Meeting from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 20 at the Suncoast Technical College North Port Campus, 4445 Career Lane.
The City will host an online survey from Sept. 14 through Oct. 5. The survey will take an estimated 12 minutes to complete. Take the survey.
Advisory Board Stakeholder Meeting
The City of North Port will host a joint advisory board meeting between the Art Advisory Board, the Beautification and Tree/Scenic Highway Committee and the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board. The meeting will be advertised and recorded. It will take place from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 18 at the Morgan Family Community Center, 6207 W. Price Blvd.
For more information about Warm Mineral Springs Park, visit www.cityofnorthport.com/warmmineralspringspark.
For information about the engagement sessions, contact Erin Bryce, Communications & Outreach Coordinator with the General Services Department, at (941) 429-7143 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.