UPDATED Weekly Highlights: September 13, 2019
Post Date:09/13/2019 4:54 PM
Return to full list >>
- IT Completed 41 Service Tickets
- IT continues to work on technical components needed for the Aquatic Center.
- IT continues to work on the upgrade to the City's door badge access system.
- Staff attended and made applicable changes from the 1st reading of the budget.
- Staff completed the investment reconciliation for August.
- Staff prepared and assisted departments with and year-end processes.
- Replacement of force main along Bobcat Trail bid opening
- Lazy River Pre Bid meeting to discuss specifications of replacing force and water mains near environmentally sensitive lands/water source.
- Pre bid meeting for water mains on North and South Salford bridges.
- Public Utility Advisory Board meeting was held in which project updates and proposed new Utilities building was discussed.
- Staff completed 10 LIHEAP financial applications utilizing external funding
- Staff referred two clients to St. Vincent De Paul for assistance utilizing external funding
- Staff completed 116 information requests to the general public
- Staff completed 33 prescreens for financial assistance
- North Port Fire Rescue personnel responded to 174 incidents. These responses included, one residential fire, three vehicle fires, 128 EMS calls, three hazardous conditions, 20 service calls, 13 good intent calls, and six false alarms.
- North Port residents called in two smoke detector service requests. Fire Rescue personnel checked six detectors and replaced six batteries.
- Numerous staff and NPPD and NPFR Honor Guard participate in 9-11 memorial ceremony
- The Recreation Division hosted Grandparents Day on Saturday, September 7, 2019. 80 participants attended the program and enjoyed making memories together while enjoying crafts and snacks. A special thank you to Culver’s of North Port and Scoopie for making this an extra special day.
- The Aquatics Division onboarded the second wave of lifeguarding staff and began training/orientation.
- Parks Maintenance graded and added new crushed shell to the Blue Ridge Park parking lot.
- Eldron Avenue and Crittendon Street Sidewalks: The project and is approximately 95% complete.
- Tropicaire Boulevard Shared Use Path: The consultant is working on final plans.
- 2019 Routine Road Maintenance: Contract award will be presented to the City Commission on September 24, 2019.
- Staff attend Tampa Bay Area Chiefs of Police Association GALA for a great cause, in effort to raise funds for education and research and foundation in the area
- NPPD hosts the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, 40 hour, Background Investigator Course utilizing our members as instructors
- NPPD is now on the Nextdoor neighborhood social media platform. The agency now can communicate with different areas within the city.
- The Building Division issued 26 new house permits and 63 miscellaneous permits.
- The Code Enforcement Division did 112 initial inspections, 75 notices of violation, and 102 re-inspections.
- The Economic Development Division fielded 7 B2B business attraction and retention calls, attended kick-off for STCF 2019-20 Advisory Board, and facilitated the North Port Youth Council meeting.
- The Planning and Zoning Division conducted staff development review of US-41 linear parking and Myakkahatchee-Ortiz potable water main.