City of North Port Closes Facilities and Cancels Events in Response to COVID-19
Following the newly released recommendations from the CDC and public health agencies, the City will be closing the North Port Aquatic Center, Warm Mineral Springs Park, the Canine Club Dog Park, and the Scout House at Dallas White Park through April 30, 2020. The George Mullen Activity Center and the Morgan Family Community Center are closed.
All pavilion rentals between today and April 30, 2020 have been canceled and patrons will receive full refunds. In addition, all upcoming events with a projected attendance of 50 or more, public or private, will be canceled through April 30, 2020. City staff is in the process of contacting the organizations that this will impact. Sarasota County has canceled all field reservations – regardless of attendance – on all locations, including City-owned properties, including the City’s Kickball League. For more information on games and practices for local youth athletic leagues, please check with your individual organizations.
Please note that this is a fluid situation and may change rapidly. Should this happen, we will inform the public as quickly as possible.
For your reference, here is the complete list of canceled upcoming City events:
- 3/20/20 Dive-In Movie at North Port Aquatic Center
- 3/20/20 Butler Park Playground Ribbon Cutting
- 3/20/20 BINGLO
- 3/21/20 Community Yard Sale
- 3/21/20 North Port Community Night at CoolToday Park
- 3/26/20 FEMA Flood Maps Open House
- 3/27/20 Movie on the Green: Viewer’s Choice
- 3/28/20 Community Baby Shower & Preschool Expo
- 4/3/20 Flashlight Egg Hunt
- 4/4/20 “Egg”Normous Egg Hunt
- 4/5/20 Family Fishing Clinic
- 4/6/20-4/30/20 Adult League Basketball
- 4/28/20 Dog-Gone Egg Hunt at the Canine Club Dog Park
- 4/25/20 Yoga at the Garden
Like many of you, we have spent the past weeks learning about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and have been working quickly to make the necessary adjustments to our work and operations. While we have always taken pride in the hygiene standards and cleanliness of our facilities, we have implemented these additional measures:
- Morgan and Mullen Center are closed through April 30, 2020.
- All structured Parks & Recreation programs are canceled through April 30, 2020.
- And of course, we’re committed to taking care of our team. We’re providing staff with up-to-the-moment guidance and information.
We are doing our best to keep our patrons and staff healthy. We appreciate you doing the same. The impact that these changes and closures have on passes and memberships will be evaluated and more information will be shared once available.
Resources for You
We will continue to follow the guidance of the CDC and local health authorities as the situation evolves. We hope that our patrons will also follow the science, implement the recommendations of public health agencies, and continue to participate in the activities that make our world connected.
We’re committed to providing our community with information as quickly as possible. You can stay informed by visiting www.CityOfNorthPort.com/Alerts or by hitting the "Alerts-COVID-19 Latest" button inside the "North RePort" City app. The public can download the app in their favorite app store for FREE.