The City of North Port will be hosting a Back to School Resource Fair on Saturday, August 3, 2019.
The event will be from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Morgan Family Community Center. Free backpacks, supplemental school supplies, and more!
Exhibitor registration is now open! Head to our registration form to get signed up to have a booth at the upcoming resource fair. Get involved today!
Registration is required to receive backpacks.
In order to receive backpacks and supplemental school supplies, registered parents must provide proof of income, and North Port Residency.
The grant applied to assist with the Back to School Resource Fair specifies that clients must be Low to Moderate income. Find out if you fall within the guidelines for low to moderate income.
Acceptable Income Verification
- One of the following: Last 30 days of income; 2018 Tax Return; Service in HMIS in the last 6 months (Previous assistance by us or other local agency); Food Stamp Award or Reduced Lunch Letter
- Use HUD Income Matrix (attached)
Please Note: if you are over the tax bracket please contact our division at 941-429-3700, as we may be able to assist depending on community donations.
Residency Verification for North Port - one of the following
- Bill (Utility, comcast, cellphone, bank statement, Etc.) No Junk Mail
- FPL account number (Staff has direct access to FPL portal)
Clients must walk in to register
- Monday through Friday 8am-4pm at the Family Service Center, 6919 Outreach Way, North Port.
Please Note: if you are unable to walk in during allotted times please email Brittany Rainey at Brainey@cityofnorthport.com to receive further instructions on how to register.
For more information, contact the City's Social Services Division at (941) 429-3700.