The City of North Port recognizes a dog is more than a pet, it’s a family member. With that in mind, the city has designated 17 parks as dog-friendly, so you may enjoy time together. Before you play, please review all of the rules and regulations below.
Bring your furry BFF and enjoy the following parks:
- Blue Ridge Park
- Butler Park
- Canine Club
- City Center Front Green
- Dallas White Park
- Highland Ridge Park
- Hope Park
- Kirk Park
- LaBrea Park
- Marina Park
- Marius Park
- McKibben Park
- Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park
- Oaks Park
- Pine Park
- Sumter Boulevard Linear Park
- Veterans Park
Dog-Friendly Park Rules
The dog-friendly parks are available for use by both people and dogs. As such, the city would like dog owners to abide by the following rules:
- Dogs must be kept on a handheld, maximum 6 ft. leash and under the physical control of the owner.
- Dogs must be vaccinated and display current tags.
- Dogs must be well behaved; dogs displaying aggressive behavior towards people or other dogs must be removed from the park.
- Dogs are not allowed on playgrounds, courts, batting cages, or sports fields.
- Dogs may not be tied to trees or other objects.
- Pet waste must be picked up and disposed in trash receptacle.
- Proper disposal of pet waste keeps the park clean and helps protect the waterways from fecal bacteria.
- Littering is prohibited per North Port City Code and subject to fines.
- Pet owners are subject to the Sarasota County Animal Control Ordinance.