During this time frame of City Hall closure, we are accepting lien search drop off at the Utilities drive-thru on the far side of the building.
We're now also accepting emailed searches with an online payment option, please see these directions for further details.
1) What information does a lien search provide?
- Utility balances, assessments, Solid Waste bills, Code Enforcement active case information/liens/fees/bills, Commercial Solid Waste balances (if applicable).
2) What information is not provided with a lien search?
- Building/Permit information. This can be accessed using this link, which allows you to search by address or the parcel identification number.
- Contractor or other party liens that are not associated with the City. These can be found using this link.
3) How much does a lien search cost?
- $25.00 per property
4) How long will it take to get my results? How do I get them?
- Guaranteed within seven (7) business days. The results are emailed to the address provided on the top of the form.
5) What types of properties should I submit a search for?
- All properties, including vacant lots. For a nominal fee you will have access to any possible pending items/issues which need to be resolved.
6) Do I need to have a title company or real estate agent submit the search for me?
- No, anyone can submit a search for any property at any time.
7) Does the City provide a rush option?
- This service is not offered by the City of North Port.
8) If I have questions about this process, who can I email?
9) How do I pay?
- If using the email/online option, we accept major credit cards.
- If mailing in the form, please write the check payable to the City of North Port. The address for submittal is at the top of the form.
- If dropping off in person both options above as well as cash are acceptable forms of payment.
10) Can I pay after I receive the results?
- No, the payment for the search covers the staff time and resources to complete the process. This must be paid in advance.
11) Can I opt out of some reviews and pay less for the search?
- No, all searches must be reviewed by every Division. This assures that you receive the complete "picture" of the status of the property.
Any questions please contact the Lien Specialist at (941)429-7034.
- A search is not considered "received for processing" until payment has been submitted.
- A search that has been submitted via email will be cancelled if not paid for within three business days.