Commercial Collection Rates:
- Dumpsters, Roll-offs and Compactors - One to five times per week, Monday through Friday.
- Totes – One time per week
- Totes (City issued) - 32, 68 and 95-gallon
- Dumpsters (City issued) - 2, 4, 6, and 8-yard
- Roll-offs (City issued) - 10, 20, 30, and 40-yard
- Compactors (non-City issued) -2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 20, 30, and 40-yard
All containers have a maximum permissible container weight and restrictions for what is acceptable for collection. Pressure washing of containers is provided for a fee of $50.00.
In addition to scheduled weekly collection, businesses and residents may rent temporary dumpsters and roll-off containers for one to ninety days. Click here for more information.
Commercial service is billed monthly. Containers can be shared upon approval of the Solid Waste Division as long as the involved parties are next door to each other (not across the street) and a Commercial Joint Account Agreement is signed and on file with Solid Waste. Charges would be billed to one account and it would be the responsibility of the two parties to split the charges accordingly.
Commercial collection occurs between 6:00am and 3:30pm (we cannot guarantee a set time). Keep in mind, a driver may arrive earlier or later than normal on any given week.
Your container location must be approved by Solid Waste; any location changes must be performed by Solid Waste. To ensure collection, please have your container accessible and available prior to 6:00am on your designated collection day. This includes:
- opening gates
- completely removing locks and chains
- clearing the area of vehicles or other blockages
- removing waste, debris and anything else required to make the container accessible for dumping
Commercial Garbage Collection:
North Port Solid Waste has exclusive authority to collect all acceptable solid waste generated within the City limits, including waste generated from businesses. Containers are in place at businesses throughout the City and customers are charged only for the collection service; totes and dumpsters are provided at no additional fee. Dumpsters and totes are emptied on site; roll-off containers are hauled directly to a disposal facility, emptied and returned.
In an effort to keep North Port clean, weekly collection in the City limits is required for all occupied residences and businesses.
The City of North Port does not furnish, sell or repair compactors. Customers interested in buying or renting a compactor, or needing repairs done would need to do so from a private vendor. However, the City does provide collection service for our customers who have compactors. Please contact Customer Service at 941-240-8050 prior to purchasing a compactor to ensure the unit is compatible with North Port’s vehicles and equipment. Smaller compactors (up to a 6 yard) are emptied on site; larger scale compactors are hauled directly to a disposal facility, emptied and returned.
Commercial Recycling Collection:
You may not realize it, but North Port’s mandatory recycling requirement applies to everyone, including businesses. So how do you get started?
- Figure out what type of waste you generate - just look at what is in your trash.
- Choose the materials that should be recycled. If you generate any of the materials listed on our recycling page, they need to be recycled.
- Identify a way to have the materials collected. You may have our Solid Waste Division collect your recyclable materials or use a private company.