Account Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Account Information

Here are some of the most common information we have received from folks with regard to setting up, maintaining and terminating their North Port Utilities accounts.   If you can't find the answer to your question below, please feel free to call our Customer Care Team at 941.429.7122.  We will be happy to help!


I’ve sold my home and would like to terminate water service in my name, what do I need to do?

Once you have closed on the sale, you can send a copy of the closing statement to the Utilities Customer Care Office via fax to (941) 429-7121, email to, or hand-deliver it to the office located on the first floor of City Hall at 4970 City Hall Blvd. Once we receive proof that you are no longer the legal owner of the property, staff will obtain a final read on your meter, terminate your account, and generate your final bill. Please ensure we have the correct new address to forward your final bill.


I’ve recently purchased a house and would like to set up water service, what do I need to do?

 Initiation of new accounts requires the following:

  • Completed and signed New Customer Information Form & Utility Service Agreement Authorization Form- Available online at
  • A Legible copy of Photo ID
  • Legal Proof of Ownership (such as Title, Deed or HUD Statement)- first and last pages only, with all signatures- within 10 Calendar days from the date of closing. 
  • Ensure all outstanding balances or liens are paid in full- Please Note: service will be withheld until all outstanding balances and liens have been satisfied.
  • Fax all documents to (941) 429-7121 or Email to or visit the Utilities Cashiering Office at 4970 City Hall Blvd (1st floor)


I would like to change the address of where my bills are being sent, what do I need to do?

You can submit the change as an online Service Request by clicking here. You can also complete the “Change of Mailing Address” section located on the back of your utility bill and return it with your payment, or contact us at (941) 429-7122 and we will make the change for you.


I am a new tenant and would like to establish a Utilities account in my name, what do I need to do

It is North Port Utilities ordinance that all residential accounts are ultimately the responsibility of the property owner, and all accounts remain in the property owner’s name. However, property owners can request free duplicate e-billing or a duplicate copy of the bill be sent to a third party at a cost of $3.50 per month for the paper version. Please note: Duplicate bills will not list a tenant’s name, they will be sent addressed to ‘Current Resident’. Apply here for a duplicate bill: