Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Billing Information

Here are some of our most common billing questions we get from our customers.  If you can't find the answer to your question below, please call our Customer Care Team at 941.429.7122.  We will be happy to help!


What is the $45 charge that appeared on my first bill for?

A $45 initiation fee is applied to your first bill to cover the administrative costs of account set-up and the initial meter reading.


Why do I have a balance even though I didn’t use any water last month?

Even if there has been no water usage at a property, you are still responsible for the base facility charges for water and sewer. Base facility charges are ‘readiness to serve’ charges for the availability of services to a property that help cover fixed operating costs, maintenance of water and sewer lines, and the personnel required to operate and maintain the utility system in a readiness to serve status.


How is my bill calculated?

Your bill is comprised of a combination of base facility and usage charges for both water and sewer (if available). Base facility charges are a fixed amount no matter how much water you use. Usage charges are based on how much water you use -measured in thousands of gallons- and billed in a tiered structure with the rate increasing with the more water that is used. Your sewer usage is charged based on water usage recorded up to a maximum of 12,000 gallons for residential. For more information on our rate structure you can visit our website at or call our Customer Care Office at 941-429-7122 with any questions.


Why is the sewer charge on my bill so much more expensive than the water?

Base facility and usage charges for sewer are higher than water charges because it is more expensive to process and treat wastewater.


I had a leak on my property that caused my usage to be significantly higher than usual, will I be responsible for the cost associated with the leak?

While you are responsible for the cost of any water usage, billing adjustments may be made in some cases to help reduce the financial cost associated with an excessive water loss. You can access the Adjustment Request Form online here or contact our Customer Care Office at 941-429-7122 to obtain a copy. You can submit your adjustment request via email to, or you can mail or drop off your request to our office at North Port Utilities, 4970 City Hall Blvd., North Port, FL  34286.  Please note that adjustment requests are reviewed on a case by case basis in the order in which they are received, so the request may take several weeks to process. You will be notified once the request has been processed and the adjustment, if any, has been made to the account. Adjustments are not guaranteed in every case.


I am planning on refilling my pool, is there a possibility to reduce the cost for the water used?

If you are going to fill a pool you can request an adjustment on your bill based on the amount of water being used by completing a Pool Fill Adjustment Request FormSubmit the completed form along with documentation from your pool contractor, if any, to our Customer Care Office to be processed.


I am unable to pay my utility bill by the due date, is there any way I can avoid having my service cut off?

All payments are due within 21 days of the bill’s issue date. If payments are not received by the due date, a late fee is applied to the account and a delinquency notice is sent out. If you are unable to make payment before the date listed on the delinquency notice, a payment extension may be granted upon the account holder’s request. Please note that delinquency and late fees will still be applied to the account. The extended due date cannot be set out further than one day before the next bill’s due date. If payment is not received by the agreed upon date of the extension, the account will be scheduled for shut-off.


Are there any assistance programs available to help me pay my utility bill?

The City’s H2O (Help to Others) program is designed to assist North Port residents in need with their Utilities bills.For information regarding this and other community financial assistance programs that are available to North Port residents, please contact Social Services at 941-423-3887.