Did you know the City’s three meter readers read over 20,000 meters each month, rain or shine?!
- Every meter in our service area is read monthly
- Manually with a handheld device or via an automated drive by system
- Out of the ordinary readings are flagged & sent to field crew who
- Verify readings
- Alert customers of high use, possibly due to a leak
- Once readings are verified the billing system calculates the charges and the utility bill is issued
Water and/or Sewer Monthly Bill:
Base Facility Charge(s)
- Readiness to serve charge for both water and sewer
- Covers the fixed costs of operating our utility even before you use any water or generate any sewage, maintenance of water and sewer lines, and the personnel required to operate and maintain the utility system.
- If you should leave the area in the summer months or go away for an extended period of time and have your water turned off, you will still receive a monthly base facility charge.
- Water Usage & Sewer Usage
- Calculated with Six-tier Conservation Rates
- More water a customer uses, higher the rate will be for the water you are using
If we receive your monthly payment late or you have required any other services which have a fee associated with the service, these charges will also be on your monthly bill.