The City of North Port is committed to preserving our valuable water resources by encouraging residents to remain conservative in their water use and enforcing the current watering restrictions set forth by SWFWMD.
As of August 2, 2017, the following restrictions apply to the use of wells and surface sources such as ponds, rivers and canals, in addition to City supplied water:
Established Lawns and Plants
- Lawn watering is limited to no more than twice per week.
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect:
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Locations without a discernable address, such as rights-of-way and common areas inside a
subdivision, may water on Tuesday and/or Friday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and any time.
New Lawns and Plants
- New lawns and plants have a “30-30” establishment period.
- On the day of installation, watering is allowed on any day at any time.
- During the first 30 days, watering is allowed on any day during the allowable hours.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday; and locations without a discernable address may water on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Reclaimed water remains subject to voluntary watering hours, but the City encourages customers to use reclaimed water
Fountains, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing.
- These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water use.
Fines for Illegal Watering
Warnings will be given for the first illegal watering violation. The second violation will be a $100 fine. The third offense and subsequent offenses will result in a fine ranging from a minimum of $200 to a maximum of $500, and possible jail time.
If you have any questions, please call North Port Utilities at (941) 240-8000.