What's happening in Utilities? The answer is, a lot!
North Port Utilities services over 22,000 connections and the daily work involved is a big job. In addition to the daily work of treating and sending water to our customers, cleaning and treating wastewater to send reuse water to our reuse customers, maintaining all the water and sewer infrastructure and giving exceptional customer service to all of our customers, we have many current and future projects to make water and sewer service even better for the City of North Port.
Click here to view the 2019 Water Usage and Utility Update.
- 2020 Earl B. Phelps Advanced Secondary Water Treatment Facility
The Florida Water Environment Association gives the Earle B. Phelps Award annually to recognize wastewater treatment facilities, which have maintained the highest removal of major pollution-causing constituents prior to discharging, treated effluent to receiving waters.
- 2020 David W. York Reuse Awards - Project of the Year: Tommy’s Car Wash
The FWEA Water Resources, Reuse and Resiliency (WR3) Committee will honor utilities and organizations for their commitment to, and their accomplishments in, developing and maintaining exemplary reuse programs.
- 2020 Samuel R. Willis Award - which recognized Angela Coppock, NPU Meter Reader, for heroism
Recognizes an individual for heroism
- 2018 Water Environment Federation's Water Heroes Award
- 2018 Florida Water Environment Association Public Education Award
- 2018 Florida Section American Water Works Association (FSAWWA) Meritorious Water Conservation Award for Excellence
- 2014 Florida Section of the American Water Works Association (FSAWWA) Meritorious Water Conservation Award for Excellence
- 2014 WateReuse Public Education Program of the Year
- 2013 Florida Section of the American Water Works Association (FSAWWA) Distribution System Award
- 2013 Florida Water and Pollution Control Operators Association Outstanding Website Award
- 2012 Florida Water Environment Association David York Water Reuse of the Year- WWTP
- 2012 Florida Water Environment Association Public Education of the Year- Outreach for Backflow Program
- 2012 Florida Water Environment Association Safety Award- WWTP
- 2012 Florida Water Environment Assocation Earle B. Phelps Award - WWTP